Here are my notes from the extra batch of lightning talks on the last day of RuPy 2013.
- Started as a pub night, and grew from that.
- Going to companies, talking about open source, Python, etc.
- After 3 years, supporting Python meetups in three cities in the Czech Republic
- Have a budget - which is what was used to sponsor the beers (about 350 of them) yesterday.
- Only needed motivation, time, and people to start doing great things in the community. Not much money.
- If you feel you're missing regular meetups / community in your city or country. Find people and decide that you can do it.
- Contact [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] to hear more about their experiences.
- PHP developer discovered Python. No meetup, decided to organize one.
- No language experience needed to start a meetup.
- Made websited, joined with other local Python and Ruby groups.
- Coders without Borders - Ruby meetup group.
- Lots of local meetups.
- Talks often too long. Organized a lightning talk edition.
- No need to get all professional and organized - just get together.
HP Public Cloud
- "HP loves OpenCloud"
- Best reliability in the industry. 24/7 support. Click a button and you can talk to someone in a few minutes.* Performance - often people feel they don't get what their paying for. But "HP knows servers" and "knows the cloud".
- "Enterprise reliability but not enterprise cost". Pricing competitive with AWS and RackSpace.
- Two data centers in the US. Close to the backbone. Looking to opening more in a wider geographic area.
- Free trial.
- Cheatsheet for programmers that's always available in your terminal.
- Different commands, snippets available with a few commands.
- For situations like forgetting the syntax for something, shows you an example.
- Self-compiled knowledge base. All on GitHub, open for contributions.f
Know Your AngularJS Inside Out
Build Your Own AngularJS helps you understand everything there is to understand about AngularJS (1.x). By creating your very own implementation of AngularJS piece by piece, you gain deep insight into what makes this framework tick. Say goodbye to fixing problems by trial and error and hello to reasoning your way through them